- 4 tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil (or use coconut oil, or ghee)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- Dried oregano, sea salt, black pepper
- 4 eggs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wash tomatoes, slice off the tops and scoop out the insides. Place tomatoes on a pan, and bake for 5 minutes.
- In a skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add garlic. Add onion. Sauté for 5 minutes, until mostly cooked. Add the spices and mix well.
- Turn oven to broil. Fill each tomato with the onion, leaving about 1/2 inch of space at the top of each tomato. Crack an egg into each tomato then sprinkle with oregano. Place in the oven for 10 minutes. Turn on the broiler for 5 minutes. Remove from oven once the top has set, and you’ll have perfectly done over easy eggs.
- For well done eggs: set the oven to 400 degrees F, and continue to bake for an additional 10 minutes.