Real Food Spaghetti
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil (cold-pressed, extra virgin if possible)
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 1 pound ground beef (grass-fed, organic if possible)
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 6 zucchinis
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- In a heavy-bottomed pot, place the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, onion, carrots, mushrooms and bell peppers. Cook, mixing occasionally until the vegetables are soft.
- Add the ground beef. Mix as the beef cooks. Once the meat has browned, add the tomatoes, spices and fresh basil. Mix well and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Wash the zucchini. Use a vegetable peeler to create long, flat noodles. Stop when you get to the seedy middle part of the zucchini.
- Plate the zucchini noodles and top with warm beef spaghetti sauce. Sprinkle with chopped parsley. Enjoy!
*Note: I use a regular vegetable peeler to create the noodles, you could also try a veggie spiralizer.