No-Bake Thumbprint Cookies
- 2 cups shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 1/3 cup raw, unprocessed honey
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Toppings: unsweetened dark chocolate, fresh raspberries, fresh strawberries, almond butter, large coconut flakes, chopped nuts
- In a medium sized bowl, combine the shredded coconut, raw honey, coconut oil, vanilla extract and sea salt. Place in the freezer to chill for 5 minutes. This step is important to help get the cookies to stick together well. Coconut oil hardens as it chills and helps to bind the cookie together.
- Shape the dough into 1 Tablespoon-sized balls. Press into a cookie shape, with an indention in the middle. If you have trouble keeping your dough together, or if you simply want a very sturdy cookie, then melt another ¼ cup of coconut oil, then drizzle the oil in the center of your cookie. Place in the freezer for 10 minutes. Now you’ve got a sturdy cookie!
- Choose your cookie toppings. Fill the indentions with your favorite toppings. Enjoy!