Chicken Chili on Sweet Potato
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 3 lbs organic, ground chicken breast (organic, grass-fed if possible)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups organic chicken broth (home made if possible)
- 6 Tablespoons chili powder
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 Tablespoons ground sweet paprika
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Wash the sweet potatoes and poke all over with a fork. Place directly on the oven rack, bake for 40 minutes, or until tender.
- In a medium, heavy bottomed pot heat the coconut oil over medium. Add the ground chicken and stir often until browned.
- Add the remaining ingredients and reduce the heat to low. Cover and simmer for an hour. Serve warm over half of a baked sweet potato with a dark green salad. Enjoy!