Cleanse Checklist Day 5
Concluding the Cleanse
- Set an intention for your days after the cleanse. What new habits would you like to hold onto?
- Listen to the Finishing the Cleanse visualization in the morning
- Listen to the evening visualization before bed
- Throughout the day, visualize your changed and changing body, from the inside out, high in vitality and life force energy
First Bites Of Solid Food:
- Remember: Your body hasn’t had any solid food in a long time. So chew well and eat slowly. Listen to your body. Your body may only want a bite or two to begin with.
- Fluids: Drink a lot of water and keep juicing - keep drinking 🙂
- First Bites: For your first bite of solid food try to have a few bites of fruit, like papaya, that is high in water content and full of enzymes.
First Bites Suggestions:
- High water fruits: Papaya, blueberry, berries
- Lettuce and leafy greens, cucumbers, celery
- Broth with added vegetables (or blended)
- Fermented veggies like sauerkraut and kimchi
First Bites to Avoid:
- Dense fruits or vegetables like: banana, mango,
- Fried and processed foods
Post-Cleanse Day 1 Foods To Enjoy:
- First Meal: Consider having veggie broth with added veggies or even leaving in the broth vegetables and blending them all together. This is a great post-cleanse food.
- Eat Fresh: Eat lots of salads, whole fruits, raw vegetables, blended soups and smoothies.
- Later In The Day: Slowly introduce more dense foods like banana, mango, avocado…
Nadia’s Day 1 Food Suggestions: (For later in the day)
- Sample Snack Suggestion: Cucumber with a dab of miso paste and sprouts on top. Then have a little sauerkraut on the side.
- Sample Smoothie: Blueberry, Papaya, baby spinach, coconut water (a few leaves of basil or mint is really nice too!)
- Sample Salad: Cubed mango with mint leaves, crushed black pepper, and sauerkraut all mixed up in a bowl.
Post-Cleanse Day 2 Foods To Enjoy:
- Remember: Your body is still “technically” in a cleansing mode. Introduce new foods gently. Listen to your body and do what feels right.
- Add the Big 3: Get healthy fats like avocado, add light protein like eggs or fish, and keep eating raw-live foods (lots of veggies). *Note: If you want to add nuts… try activating them first by soaking them in water (with a pinch of salt) overnight before eating them.
- Get Your Digestion Moving: Chew well, eat veggies and fiber, massage your abdomen in a clockwise motion. *Note: If additional help is needed to get your digestion going try: Senna tea, Herbal supplements, Enema.
Simple Post-Cleanse Meal Ideas:
- Salad: Huge salad with grilled fish, or chicken sprinkled with chia seeds
- Steamed: Steamed vegetables with a 2 egg omelet (cook your eggs in grass-fed butter or ghee for yummy taste and health fats).
- Grilled: Grilled vegetables with seafood (use grass-fed butter or ghee), and berries for dessert
- Snack: Fresh fruits and chopped veggies for snacks
- Snack: Vegetable broth to warm you up
Post-Cleanse Day 3 & Beyond:
- Protein: Start to introduce heavier animal proteins like: chicken, beef, or pork.
- The Big 3: Keep up with your Omega-3 fats like avocado and chia seeds, protein, and raw-live foods.
- Get Moving: Start adding brief high-intensity fitness
- Visualize: Visualize your ideal body (especially when exercising)
- Remember: It is common to gain back 50 - 80% of weight lost after a cleanse. BUT the changes you have made internally are powerful and will help you achieve a more sustainable weight loss as you move forward.
- Keep it simple, delicious, and FUN! Celebrate your success & share a healthy meal with a friend.