LESSON PLANNER #3
Pre-Session Checklist (do before your call)
Important Reminders for You as a Coach
- Ask yourself, “Based on what I know NOW, how can I best serve this client today?”
- It’s not your job to “fix” anyone
- It’s your job to help your client have the best experience possible.
- Forget about your needs and goals, focus on the client’s needs.
- Acknowledge your client’s pain and experiences and empathize with them. These sessions are one of the few and rare times that anyone listens to them and cares deeply about their situation.
- Don’t try to solve problems, instead try to let the client find their own solutions by asking good questions.
- You cannot be all things to all people. Some clients will love you, others will not.
- Progress isn’t always smooth; sometimes the road is a little bumpy.
- Always go back to what you know about this client, their unique situation and challenges — everyone is different.
CLIENT CALL STRUCTURE & GUIDE
Review (suggested time: 10-20 min)
- “Congratulations on your work and progress with the Ultimate Coaching Experience so far.”
- “Before we get started, do you have any questions, successes or challenges that you wanted to discuss during this session today?”
“How was your month? What was easy about it, what was hard?”
Let your client talk for a while here if they wish, this is the time for them be heard and feel understood.
You can also ask about specific challenges you spoke about in your last session: e.g. sugar cravings, workplace stress, relationship challenges, energy level. Find out if your client has made any progress in these areas.
“How was your session with your Specialist? What recommendations did they make? Were you able to follow those suggestions?
Take notes about their last specialist sessions
“On a scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being terrible and 10 being amazing, how would you rate your experience with the Gabriel Method Specialists you worked with since we last spoke?”
Would you like to make any specific comments or give any more specific feedback?
Specialist Action Steps Review:
“Let’s take a look at what you’re GM Specialist recommended and make sure this is practical and feasible for you. We can make any changes we need to.”
Make some notes about the specialists suggestions and any modifications that need to be made, if applicable.
Check in Questions (suggested time: 5-10 min)
- “Let me ask you some additional ‘check in questions’ to better understand where you’re at”
- “On a 1 to 10 scale with 10 being the best, how are you feeling about your progress (if any) so far?”
- “On that same 1 to 10 scale, how “in control” do you feel of your emotions right now? 1 is completely in control and a 10 would be crying, nervous or anxious or any of those strong emotions that sometimes feel like they control us.”
- “If you can rate your stress for me, with 1 being no stress and 10 being totally stressed out, what is your current level of stress?”
- “How much support do you feel in this journey from your friends and family? 1 is no support, 10 is totally, unconditionally loved and supported.”
- “This past week, how did you feel about your food choices? Tell me on a 1 to 10 scale, with 1 being terrible and 10 being perfect choices all round.”
- “How many days this past week were you able to do something physical — whether inside or outside – such as playing in the park, taking a walk, going to the gym or doing anything else that was active and physical?”
- “One last question. How many times last week did you do your morning and evening visualization?”
Topic for Discussion (suggested time: 5-10 min)
If time permits, re-emphasize the importance of digestion and detoxification.
Suggest that the client watches Action Steps Video 3 and 4 in the UCE support site, which are, “Reactivate your Fat Burning Biology and Detoxify and Cleanse Digestion”.
Action Steps Review Phase
Suggested time spent on this phase – 10 Minutes.
Reviewing Specific Action Steps:
Remind your client of the following:
“This program is really about action, so let’s start by reviewing the action steps you and I discussed previously.”
Refer to your notes from your previous session, review and discuss each FAT trigger and action step individually.
“Were you able to perform the action steps from your checklist on a daily basis?”
Go over each action step and ask them how they did with each one.
Please make a note of how they did and if there were any action steps that the client was not able to perform.
If so, please review them carefully and find suitable alternatives.
Emphasize once again, how crucial the daily action steps are for the success of the program.
- Evening Visualization
- Suggest a morning visualization (choose a new one for this month if applicable)
- Drink 2 glasses of water upon rising and half a glass an hour during the day.
- Take a probiotic with water in the morning
- Eat a GM friendly breakfast within an hour and half of waking. (see breakfast with Jon videos for ideas)
- Eat frequent GM friendly meals/snacks/juices/smoothies throughout the day when hungry. See recipe book for ideas
- Have an early GM Friendly Dinner, preferably 3 hours before bed.
- Make everything a salad whenever possible, sprinkle ground chia seeds/flax seeds on top or use a salad dressing with flax seed oil.
- Drink half a glass of water every hour after dinner until bed
Sometime during the day take digestive enzymes with meals
(usually when they’re home, don’t ask them to carry around supplements)
- Sometime during the week, watch the Actions Steps Videos number 3 and 4 in the UCE support site.
- Shop at health food stores, famers markets and growing coops to source healthy fats, sweeteners, flours, spray free/organic produce, green juices, digestive aids and super foods.
Afternoon stress reduction break.
Other action steps from last month (if any)
FAT Trigger Review: Suggested time 5 minutes
Ascertain if any NEW FAT TRIGGERS have shown up for your client.
If so, make recommendations about NEW ACTION STEPS for that specific trigger.
“Have you, either on your own or in the process of working with a Specialist, discovered any new FAT triggers that you were previously unaware of?”
FAT Trigger —
Action Steps —
FAT Trigger —
Action Steps —
New Action Steps: Suggested time 5 minutes
- Add a Green Juice in the morning and afternoon
- Find alternatives to wheat/grains and dairy whenever possible (make suggestions, see breakfast with Jon videos)
- Any additional action steps you deem appropriate based on your discussions
Pre-Closing: Suggested time 5 minutes
Review these action steps with your client and make sure they understand them in practice and are willing to commit to doing them every day.
Ask the following question:
“Do you foresee any challenges or obstacles or does this seem reasonable to you?
Ask client to print or copy out the action steps plan that you’ve agreed upon together; then get them to put on their refrigerator at home.
Emphasize that the action steps are truly crucial to the success of the program.
Talk about their next specialist session, when it is and why it’s important.
Closing Phase Suggested time – 5 Minutes.
In this closing phase, articulate your immediate and ongoing commitment to your client.
Mentor’s Immediate Commitment:
- “I’m going to send you a reminder email with your revised action steps based on our conversation for this session.”
- “You can always email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, I answer all emails on _____________ so if you have questions about anything, please don’t hesitate to ask.”
- Lastly, I’m going to email you a visualization that I’d like you to listen to today, it’ll come via email.
Finally, reaffirm your commitment to your client and acknowledge what they are doing for themselves.